Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Patent Leather and Lace

We had a fantastic boudoir shoot this morning (hence the title of this post) with a very sweet client. She is giving her husband-to-be pictures from this sexy shoot as a wedding gift and they are a complete surprise so while I would love to post pics of her makeup and hair right this second I have to wait until she gives us the go ahead. I had such a fun time bringing out her inner Victoria Secret model while also channeling January Jones (Betty Draper from Madmen).  When I first saw our client's picture I instantly was inspired by pictures of January Jones on the cover of Marie Claire Magazine since they have a very similar face structure and eye shape. Our client was absolutely gorgeous and up for trying a different look. I really wanted to play up her crystal blue eyes so I really focused on that while also contouring her cheek bones to make them really pop. We did a couple different outfit changes and I wanted to keep the simple looks more downplayed with makeup but then when we changed to a sexy black outfit I really wanted to play up her makeup. I added a deep matte brown to the crease and a matte black to the outer corner. It gave her a really smokey sexy look but without looking overly made up. Her long eyelashes were enhanced by a few coats of Bare Minerals Volumize Mascara. I really feel like this mascara gives the volume without clumps and I prefer it to other high end brands. I evened out her complexion, even though it was pretty even, with NYX foundation in Natural Beige and then topped it off with Bare Minerals Golden Medium.  For those of you who feel like mineral makeup doesn't photograph well, well I am here to tell you that if you apply this correctly it will photograph like a dream. I like to use a liquid HD foundation for a base to get everything even and covered. If a client would like to use a mineral powder on top of that it transfers to the skin beautifully using the Bare Minerals brush in Full Flawless Face Brush. This will give a very light but natural coverage as well as making your skin look like it is lit from within. My client was not oily so this was a great look for her. I would only recommend using mineral powder for photos if you have normal to dry skin. Oily skin needs to have a matte finish and most mineral powders contain mica for that glow. For her blush and contour I used a matte NYX bronzer with a fan brush to apply that sharp contour but then buffing it out with a fluffy powder brush. The blush was a Loreal True Match color that was a cinnamon tone. It worked so well so her look was less poppy and more sexy. Highlight was done with a golden highlight powder on the top of her cheeks. Lips were a very pretty pink with the centers in a nude color to make her lips appear fuller. I finished the whole look with Bare Minerals, Mineral Veil. This look was so amazing on her and I am so glad we could achieve a neutral look and a bolder look with just adding a little darker eye shadow to the crease and outer corner. We really had the best time and I love that our client was so open to trying new things and letting me fulfill my vision I had for her make up. Boudoir shoots are my favorite type of photo shoot to do since you see your client really transform and "let their hair down" but in a very tasteful way. They seem so nervous at first but then about half way through they feel like they could take pictures all day. I know her soon to be groom is going to absolutely love the pictures she looks fierce and beautiful. What a wonderful Saturday morning :).

I am going to list products I used to create her look as well as some inspiration photos that I used below.  When I am able to post pictures of my client's hair and makeup I will post those in another blog post. Thank you all for reading. Please comment with questions and remarks I really like having an interactive blog.
Product List 
FACE
Foundation: NYX HD, Bare Minerals 
Concealer: NYX yellow corrector, NYX glow
Blush: Loreal True Match (Subtle Sable), Milani (Mai-Tai)
Bronzer: NYX Matte Bronzer 
Finishing Powder: Bare Minerals Mineral Veil 

EYES
Primer: Bare Minerals Eye Primer 
Shadow: (I used the Pop Lid Bronzer Palette so they don't have names) Inner Corner: I used the first shade in the palette it is a white cream color. 
Lid- 2nd and 3rd shade in the Pop Palette
Crease: Bare Minerals Pressed Duo -Wonderlust
2nd Look Crease: NYX Caviar Palette deep matte brown shade and outer corner matte black color in the palette. 
Liner: ELF Liquid Liner Black with the brush tip (not felt tip) 
Mascara: Top: Bare Minerals Volumizing Mascara
Bottom: Urban Decay Sky Scraper
LIPS
Cover Girl: Outlast Fairytale
NYX Everyday Lip Palette

No comments:

Post a Comment