I wanted to put together a little shopping guide. This will include both drugstore and high end products. Here in Alabama we have had lots of sun and warm days and it really had me thinking that it is time to change up my makeup collection for Spring and Summer. I love peachy pinks for cheek color and light lips for summer.
1. Foundation, a good foundation is the key to great makeup my top foundation for summer is Bare Minerals Matte. This foundation is excellent if you are oily/combo or if you are outside a lot. I love mineral foundation for everyday wear. If you tend to be more dry I recommend the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It is very lightweight but gives light to medium coverage with a dewy finish perfect for summer skin. If you are combinational but prefer a tinted moisturizer check out Smashbox BB Cream, this product is moisturizing but dries to a matte finish and you don't have to set it with a powder.
2. Blush, I really love peachy pink colors in the summer or corals. They make any skin tone just look naturally flushed and beautiful. Tarte Amazonian Blushes are gorgeous I like the shades Frisky, Blissful, and Tipsy these shades have shimmer so no need for a highlight. If you are wanting to save a little money check out ELF blush in the contour palette it comes with a pretty bronzer and a great peachy blush. The color pay off is excellent and well worth the $3 price tag.
3. Eyes, I love nude shades all year round but I love them even more in the summer because they are so light and airy. I really like the Urban Decay Naked palette for this but also the Pop Bare Texture Kit. The Naked Palette has a lot of shimmer shades an maybe 1 or 2 matte shades which can be harsh on mature skin so it may not work for everyone. The Pop kit has a good mix of matte and shimmer shades and I feel that it is more universal plus you get a lot for your money. If you are wanting something a little more inexpensive check out the NYX palette in Butt Naked :). Lots of great shades in the Nyx Palette and great color pay off!
4. Lips, I really love the Revlon Lip Butters. They are all really pretty and they are soft and moisturizing with lots of color. I like the shades Pink Parfait, Strawberry Shortcake, Cupcake, and Lollipop. If you are looking for a great gloss check out NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss, it is a great gloss and not overly sticky.
5. Powder, I really like the Bare Minerals, Mineral Veil pressed or loose both great. If you want just a hint of color get the Tinted Mineral Veil. It is a really wonderful product that will keep your makeup on and shine free all day!
I also want to mention a skincare product that I think would work well for both skincare and a concealer and that is the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in Sheer Tint. If your dark circles aren't bad then this product would be great for you. It offers a little coverage but also it is a skincare product to help prevent dark circles. If you feel that is wouldn't be enough coverage and need an actual concealer try out Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. I also like Bare Minerals Well Rested for Mineral Makeup wearers. If your under eye circles are blue based try a salmon colored concealer this usually helps conceal them.
Well there you have it for my shopping guide for Spring and Summer. I really hope that you guys try some of these awesome products. I have tried all of them personally and on clients and this is what really works well especially during the warm months. I have a review coming next on the NYX color correctors so please stay tuned for that! :)
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!