Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

First Wedding of the Season

I had my first wedding of the season yesterday! I was a little nervous as I didn't know what to expect with everything but it went fabulous. I was really excited to see the bride looking so radiant and beautiful and all of her bridesmaids looking their absolute best. It was very laid back and really reflected the brides personality. The ceremony was in the town of Moorseville  AL. It is really cute, country town that looks like it is right out of the 1960's.  All of the girls had their makeup done in Lyla's Barn which is like a little club house we did all the girls makeup outside in the fresh air and with all the natural light. I really loved how peaceful and calm it was out there it really set the mood of the entire wedding. As I was applying everyone's makeup I really found that I love the NYX Shine Killer.  It is a primer and oil control in one product which is great for oily skin since I don't like to apply too many face products the ones that multitask are usually favorites. I really felt that this product is a standout among other oil control products as it doesn't leave any white residue on the skin. I would really compare it with the MAC oil control product.  This product is good for combinational skin as well as you can apply it to just where you are oily.  The NYX HD foundations were also very awesome and covered like a dream. I used the yellow color corrector that I have been testing out (I will be posting a blog about this) it really helped conceal under eye circles and gave the bride a beautiful Kim K glow.  Since the bride had really pretty blue eyes I really played up the neutral tones a very nude smokey eye can be so subtle yet sexy.  It was the perfect look and I was about to achieve that using the POP Bronzed palette.  I used an eye primer as well but I was really unimpressed with it it was the Paula Dorf eye primer that really left a sour taste in my mouth. First off the primer creased badly it was too creamy for an eye primer unlike the Bare Minerals one that I usually use. It did not make the colors more vibrant or help them to last any longer. I would not recommend buying the Paula Dorf eye primer additionally this product is $9 more than the Bare Minerals shadow primer.  Also because the Paula Dorf eye primer is so creamy it also makes it heavy and you can really feel it on the eye.  Moving on...the blush was just a really pretty peachy pink I did a peachy cream blush first followed by a powder peach color to really give her that naturally flushed look that would really last. Lips were done in the NYX everyday palette they were just a pretty pink that seemed to give her natural lip color a little extra. I finished with Makeup Forever HD powder.  The bridesmaids all had a really fresh look with HD foundation, neutral eyes to bring out their blue eyes, and a pretty pop of pink lip stick. I felt like they looked completely perfect for a perfect country spring day! This wedding was so much fun and the bride and her mom were so laid back and nice. It was really beautiful!
Congratulations to Megan and Michael on their big day!






Photo Credit: Caught You on Camera (Check them out!!)

Emailcaughtyouoncamera@yahoo.com

Websitehttp://www.caughtyouoncamera.com

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that shine killer!! I need that, especially in the summer. I'm glad everything went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a really great product and a little goes a long way! I was pretty impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody looked gorgeous, Amanda! And it was great working with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Whitney! As always it is a pleasure to work with you! :)

    ReplyDelete