Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Health and Fitness

Hey Everyone,
Recently, I have had a lot of questions about health and fitness.  Clients asking me if I think that health and fitness coincide with beauty.  My answer has been YES, ABSOLUTELY.  Perhaps I am being a little biased because I am kind of a health nut and if you know me you will know this about me but since some of my readers don't actually know me then there I said it.  I have been on both sides of the fence with health and fitness I have been very unhealthy which led to my skin looking more on the dull side, my attitude was less upbeat and I always looked tired even if I wasn't. Then after I had my daughter and had a ton of baby weight to lose I started a diet (low carb/low sugar).  I'm still on this "diet" but I refer to it as a lifestyle change. I don't go around with oh I can't eat this or that I say oh look what I can eat and believe me there is a lot. I follow a food blogger that I trust completely she has opened my eyes to so much and I don't plan on ever going back to processed foods and chemicals. I eat almost everything organic which has been great for my family as well.  I lost a lot of weight on this "diet" but honestly that didn't really change the way my body felt.  I still felt like I was missing something and then one day my food blogger, blogged about exercise and circuit training and that was in January and ever since I have worked out every day M-F at the same time.  I have always had an aversion to working out like I loathed and despised it and refused to do it unless I actually had to.  I don't like gyms, I don't like the heat, and my allergies get bad in the spring. However, in January I made a pact with myself that I was going to workout everyday M-F at the same time for 21 days to make it a habit in my life. I did just that, I didn't skip a day during the week and would give myself 2 days off on the weekend. It worked, working out daily has added so much to my life. The number one thing is confidence.  I feel so much stronger mentally and physically. My skin is way more even and I look rested when I wake up.  I project a more positive outlook through the day and I have a lot more patience.  I feel like you can't just do one or the other it is really the combination of both diet and exercise that achieve the best YOU, which translates to beauty. I have told a lot of clients when they ask about botox, skin fillers, wrinkles and all sorts of things that before they make their appointment try eating organic and NO TRANSFATS, limit sugar and carbs and create a balance that is right for your body, drink water and lots of it and lastly try exercise for 21 days at the same time and see how you feel after a month.  This will keep you looking younger longer than botox or any other chemical you inject into your body especially if you start a healthy lifestyle early in life.
I'm not perfect there are days when I simply don't want to get moving and I take that time to just rest I know when my body is telling me I am going to fast and have too much going on but I always pick it right back up after a day of rest.  I'm not a nutritionist and I am only expressing what works for me. :)

Have A Beautiful Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment